Our April meeting will be a special event – a 2-Day Video Seminar by Loren Spivack.
Friday, April 21, 5:30 – 9 pm and Saturday, April 22, 8:30 am – 12 noon.
Friday dinner and Saturday breakfast will be provided. This is a FREE seminar for students and adults.
Location – Natural Resources Building (next to Farmville Lowes)
100 Dominion Drive, Farmville, VA
Four areas will be covered:
*Intellectual and Historical Roots of Socialism
*The Intellectual and Historical Roots of Capitalism
*The source of Value: Two contrasting views and their implications
*Applying the Principles of Freedom to the Problems of Today: Taxes, Education, Health Care, and many more.
For more details and to RSVP for this FREE seminar, click here
March 21, 2017
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA - Today, the Office of Congressman Tom Garrett and University of Virginia’s Frank Batten School released the ticketing and attendance plan for the March 31 event.
Most notably, the event organizers were able to increase capacity at this event to 230 people. Fifty of those will be students from the Frank Batten School and the remaining 180 will be chosen by lottery.
The lottery process will be as follows:
- Those wishing to enter the lottery will be allowed to register via the following link at starting on March 21, 2017 - http://tickets.artsboxoffice.virginia.edu/single/EventDetail.aspx?p=6519. Entrants will be required to submit their name, address, and email in order to verify residence in the 5th Congressional District. Entrants will only allowed to enter once as the list will be scrubbed for duplicates prior to selection.
- The lottery will close on March 23, 2017 at 5:00 pm
- The list of entrants will be scrubbed for duplicates and for entrants who do not live in the 5th Congressional District.
- This list will be submitted to a third party draw service where 200 names will be randomly selected.180 of which will be awarded a ticket while the remaining 20 will be put on a wait list.
- The recipients will be notified on March 24, 2017 by 5:00 pm.
- Recipients can pick up tickets in person at the UVA arts box office from 12 to 5 pm from Monday March 27 to Friday March 31.Identification is required to confirm identity and residence.
- Wait list tickets will be available at Garrett Hall starting at 5:30 pm on March 31.
- The forum will begin promptly at 6 pm
During the forum, attendees may submit questions by writing them down on a form with their name and town of residence. The moderator will select questions at random and invite the person asking the question to ask it directly to the Congressman. Follow up questions will be at the discretion of the moderator. No subject is off limits.
Please reply to this email if you will be able to go and want to carpool.
Parking Directions and campus maps of available parking.
Saturday, April 1st, 2017 from 9a-2p
The Bridge Ministry, 3054 Dixie Hill Road, Buckingham, VA 23921
America Transformation Company (ATC) develops and supports local grassroots organizations. By recognizing America’s founding principles, describing when (1859) and how (progressivism) those values were corrupted, each “company” will understand that a long term strategy with short term measurable successes, beginning at the local community level, is necessary. By adapting and tailoring these simple techniques to best address your county’s needs, localities in VA can be significantly changed by December 2019. Join with other like-minded Christians and conservatives from across the state on April 1st in Buckingham County and learn how you can partner with ATC to transform your community, state, and nation. $15 fee covers lunch. Hosted by Pastor William Washington, Bridge Ministry Founder, Instructed by Pastor Travis Witt ATC Coordinator.
For more info, contact Pastor Travis Witt @ 540-761-0386 or email@example.com
Click here for the flier. Click here for audio of Travis Witt interview