You are invited!
Ice Cream Social
with School Board Candidates
Saturday, July 15 at 3 -5 pm
Meet with Prince Edward’s School Board Candidates at the Caboose on High Bridge Plaza on Main Street in Farmville for ice cream and conversation.
(Rain Location – Farmville Prince Edward Community Library)
School Board Candidates running for election in 2017:
Lucy Carson, Dione Jennings, Elzora Stiff
Dr. Timothy Corbett, and Cainan Townsend
This event is free and open to the public, all are welcome.
Contact: 434 392-8604
Click on the link for a flier you can download or print:
Ice cream social 2017
Sunday, June 11, 2017
Twin Lakes State Park
Picnic Pavilion 2
3:00 – 5:00 pm
“Virginia’s Parental Choice Education Law”
It can become a reality. What will it mean for your family, whether you choose public, private or home school?
Mr. Allen is the Managing Partner at Virginia Education Coalition, LLC. VEC is dedicated to parent-led reform of elementary and secondary school education. He was instrumental in writing the Parental Choice Education Bill in the General Assembly, which passed in 2017 before being vetoed by Gov. McAuliffe.
At the picnic after the talk, fried chicken & drinks will be provided. Bring a side dish or dessert to share.
This event is free and open to the public although there is a parking fee in the park. Visitors are welcome. Contact: 434 392-8604
Click Here for a flier to print and share. Invite your friends!
Our April meeting will be a special event – a 2-Day Video Seminar by Loren Spivack.
Friday, April 21, 5:30 – 9 pm and Saturday, April 22, 8:30 am – 12 noon.
Friday dinner and Saturday breakfast will be provided. This is a FREE seminar for students and adults.
Location – Natural Resources Building (next to Farmville Lowes)
100 Dominion Drive, Farmville, VA
Four areas will be covered:
*Intellectual and Historical Roots of Socialism
*The Intellectual and Historical Roots of Capitalism
*The source of Value: Two contrasting views and their implications
*Applying the Principles of Freedom to the Problems of Today: Taxes, Education, Health Care, and many more.
For more details and to RSVP for this FREE seminar, click here
March 21, 2017
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA - Today, the Office of Congressman Tom Garrett and University of Virginia’s Frank Batten School released the ticketing and attendance plan for the March 31 event.
Most notably, the event organizers were able to increase capacity at this event to 230 people. Fifty of those will be students from the Frank Batten School and the remaining 180 will be chosen by lottery.
The lottery process will be as follows:
- Those wishing to enter the lottery will be allowed to register via the following link at starting on March 21, 2017 - http://tickets.artsboxoffice.virginia.edu/single/EventDetail.aspx?p=6519. Entrants will be required to submit their name, address, and email in order to verify residence in the 5th Congressional District. Entrants will only allowed to enter once as the list will be scrubbed for duplicates prior to selection.
- The lottery will close on March 23, 2017 at 5:00 pm
- The list of entrants will be scrubbed for duplicates and for entrants who do not live in the 5th Congressional District.
- This list will be submitted to a third party draw service where 200 names will be randomly selected.180 of which will be awarded a ticket while the remaining 20 will be put on a wait list.
- The recipients will be notified on March 24, 2017 by 5:00 pm.
- Recipients can pick up tickets in person at the UVA arts box office from 12 to 5 pm from Monday March 27 to Friday March 31.Identification is required to confirm identity and residence.
- Wait list tickets will be available at Garrett Hall starting at 5:30 pm on March 31.
- The forum will begin promptly at 6 pm
During the forum, attendees may submit questions by writing them down on a form with their name and town of residence. The moderator will select questions at random and invite the person asking the question to ask it directly to the Congressman. Follow up questions will be at the discretion of the moderator. No subject is off limits.
Please reply to this email if you will be able to go and want to carpool.
Parking Directions and campus maps of available parking.